CIL simply is an acronym for Capwell Industries Limited.
CIL Pishori rice is an indigenous rice grain that is sown and carefully nurtured in the in the rich soils of the Mwea region. Highest standards of hygiene and quality have been maintained during the processing.
CIL rice is sorted using the latest digital technology to ensure the product is clean and free from impurities. Once cooked, it offers a unique sweetness and aroma to make a perfect meal for you and your family.
CIL comes in four ranges: Brown Mwea Pishori, White Mwea Pishori, Mwea Pishori Broken and Sindano Fragrant rice.
- Brown Mwea Pishori: This is a healthier alternative and is good for diabetics as well. It has a mild, nutty flavor, and is chewier and more nutritious than white rice.
- Sindano Fragrant Rice: An aromatic long-grain rice that has a thicker grain and is most frequently used in Oriental cooking.
- Rice is low in fat, cholesterol and sodium and hence makes a perfect food for those with high blood pressure and requiring a low-sodium diet. The calcium in rice helps lower blood pressure.
- Rice is a good source of complex carbohydrates which gives us the energy we need.
- Rice contains all the amino acids essential for building and maintaining muscle tissue, making up antibodies, enzymes and hormones. These amino acids also help maintain healthy skin, hair, eyesight and helps nourish the heart, lungs, tendons & ligaments, brain, nervous system and glands.
- White rice is the easiest and quickest foods to digest requiring an hour.
- Due to its low fibre content, it is very soothing to the digestive system and is recommended for digestive disorders like diarrhea, dysentery, morning sickness, colitis and jaundice.